After the war Mrs. Van der Elst lost interest in the Manor. She auctioned interior contents, and sold the house and 500 acres to The Society of Jesus (Jesuits) for use as a novice centre.
The Jesuits made necessary renovations, including placing the refectory and kitchens in their present locations. By 1949-50 the first novice class had arrived, along with retired priests who live in the State Rooms.
The Jesuits occupied the Manor for two separate time periods, leaving the Manor in the hands of a caretaker for extended years.