WW2: The Arnhem Redcaps

“The Arnhem Redcaps”

After the September 1944 battle for Arnhem, the 1st Airborne Division Provost Company moved to Harlaxton Manor, residing there from November 1944 – August 1945.  Mrs. Violet Van Der Elst, the manor house owner, resided in the front rooms of the Manor while the Company occupied the rear.  This letter details the Company’s activities during their time at the manor, including the creation of the “Pegasus” Memorial by Lieutenant/Corporal “Bill” Hinchliffe and Major Roy Tyler M.B.E. in what is now known as ‘Pegasus Courtyard.’

Find out more: QR6_Arnhem Letter

Back  Next

Advertisements