Something Borrowed, Something New
Though the original Harlaxton Manor became run-down, desolate and by the 1860s was ultimately demolished, a few features were salvaged and used to help decorate the new Manor. The original balustrade that lined the gardens was moved to a spot along the southwestern side of the new Manor.
Dated c. 1620, the twin lions that led to the original Manor gates were also relocated to the stairway leading up to the Dutch Canal in the new Manor gardens.
Additionally, an original doorway of the old Manor has been incorporated into the façade of a home located on Rectory Road in Harlaxton Village, where the old Manor entrance gateway also still survives (above).